At the moment, the mixed boolean-algebraic solver (BASolver) does not
have a sophisticated installation system; instead, it is distributed
in sources which need to be compiled by standard *nix tools.
- Gnu C++ compiler (gcc) version 3.0 or newer.
- gnu make.
- boost C++ library version 1.30.2 or newer (available from
- Gnu gengetopt version 2.5 or newer (available from http://www.gnu.org)
(please note that your standard C library should support getopt_long
which is the case for Linux glibc. Instructions on how to compile
the code on platforms that do not support this call can be found
- our make system relies on the system ability to create symbolic links
(any *nix-like operating system does that).
- Documentation is produced by means of doxygen (available from
To (re)build basolver, type
in the top-level directory of the solver distribution (not in src/
subdirectory), where version can be either debug (default), profile, release,
or static (the latter makes a static release version).
This creates an executable file ./bin/basolver.[version]
(however, there is no ".release" suffix for the release version).
To make a library, type
It creates a file ./bin/basolver.a.
Use it together with the header solve.h.